You've probably heard about the Snapchat Social Media Platform in recent years. Almost 250 million Snappers use the application every day to send and receive photos and videos. But did you know that there are a lot more options for marketers in this app? In this article, we'll explain everything about how fast-growing Snapchat can be of value to your business!
Why Your Company Should Use Snapchat in 2021
The success story of Snapchat begins in September 2011. After the emergence of camera-equipped smartphones, the then 20-year-old Evan Spiegel devised a social media app that made full use of it. It has caught on, and today the app has become an indispensable part of most millennials. If you are future-oriented and therefore focus on this age group, this article is for you!
Easily Create and Manage Snapchat Ads
Through the Snapchat Ads Manager, you can easily create your advertisements, launch campaigns, monitor performance, and optimize your campaigns. This way you keep everything organized within one platform. Snapchat has also managed to make this platform so user-friendly that you can get started without any knowledge. It’s a piece of a cake!
Reach the Audience That Matters
Target the Snapchat generation through their interests, behaviours, locations, and more. Every day there are nearly 250 million users who spend an average of 30 minutes on Snapchat. Even more interesting is the fact that 75% of them belong to the millennials or Gen Z, so the future! Snapchat keeps track of users’ data to make it easy for you to focus on the audience that matters to you. This way you can indicate exactly which demographics (gender, age, language) and location you want to focus on. Starting from €5 per day. Bargain, right
3 Marketing Tips to Make a Fresh Start with Snapchat in 2021
Tip 1: Plan beyond the lockdown
At a time when social interaction has changed drastically, affection and desire for interaction have increased. The social media channels benefit from this and we therefore also see a growth in Snapchat users. Sending a quick photo of your meal or scrolling through your friends’ feed for hours on end makes us feel like we’re with our friends and family after all. The lockdown has undoubtedly contributed to Snapchat’s growth in 2020.
With many of these new users getting used to Snapchat, it is expected that this trend will continue after the lockdown. But how can you make use of it?
- Focus on those who stay at home: At the moment, non-essential products are mainly bought on the internet. Here you can use the right campaigns on Snapchat ads to get more leads to your web shop.
- Focus on the opening: After the lockdown, the shops, bars, and restaurants will reopen. You can use this via Snapchat Ads to get more in-store visitors again. Don’t have a physical store? Then try to show how your products will add something when the world opens again.
Tip 2: Keep Gen Z in your sights
Gen Z is the absolute mobile (app) generation and cannot imagine a world without smartphones. 55% of Gen Z use their smartphones for five or more hours a day, and 26% use their smartphones for 10 hours or more! Gen Z’s purchasing power is also growing, now equal to $ 323 billion in direct purchasing power and $ 1.2 trillion in indirect purchasing power. So, don’t forget this new generation when drawing up the new advertising strategy.
Tip 3: Optimise the ad format
Studying the campaign results will help you plan, optimise, and scale your best performing ads. Your ad gets 100% of the screen and therefore it must be well designed.
Follow these best practices when creating your ads for the best possible impact:
- Be time-bound and relevant: Make sure your ads are creative and contextual. Use compelling visuals and headlines and implement a small tone of urgency by playing with limited time if necessary or using offers.
- Show your app or products: “A picture is worth a thousand words, and a video is worth a million”. Clearly show the products, store pages, or core functionality. Present the products that consumers want. Your product is the best!
- Use a clear CTA: Use a clear call-to-action to tell your audience exactly what you want them to do now, including a link to the exact page the Snapchatters should visit.
- Optimise, optimise, optimise: We recommend that you wait until the ad set has 30 to 50 actions that match your objective. This can sometimes take a few days, especially for “lower” funnel goals, such as purchases. If you find yourself having trouble achieving enough conversions, we recommend increasing your bid or broadening your target audience.
Now is the time to start planning your campaigns to drive the impact of the business. Snapchat’s latest formats, targeting, and optimisation tools give you everything you need to drive sustainable success in the new year.
Time for action
If you’re convinced to start using Snapchat to reach the younger audience, here’s what steps will be the most important to make a fresh start!
Step 1: Download the application
You need the Snapchat application to launch your Snap campaigns. This app is easy to download from the app store (for IOS users) or from the Google Play Store (for android users). You can also launch your campaign by visiting www.ads.snapchat.com.
Step 2: Create a Snapchat account
You can quickly set up a Snapchat account after downloading the app. Fill in the requested details and select a username that matches the name of your company.
Step 3: Upgrade the account to a business account
After establishing your Snapchat account, all advertising options must be given to the account. To do this, log in with your newly developed Snapchat account login details on this Snapchat Ads website: Snapchat Business Login.
Step 4: Create your first ad
After creating your business account, you will be given the option to pick “Instantly create” or “Advanced create” In this post, we explain how you can instantly build your ad online within 5 minutes.
- With the Instant create function you as a company can choose from several goals. Do you want more visitors to your website, your store to fill up, have your app downloaded, or more visitors to your app? Everything is possible! Now select your goal.
- Fill in the details and select the photo that best suits your ad and audience.
- You can now set up your ad in an easy and fast way. Keep it clear and ensure that your customers are sent to the call-to-action button by offering them interesting information on your website.
- Now sketch an image of what your audience should look like via demographics and location. Don’t try to target all of Europe in one go, but slowly try to find out where you can achieve the highest conversion rate. You can easily see this on the Snapchat dashboard.
- Set your budget. Everyone has a different budget for marketing, and we can’t look into your wallet. Therefore, choose consciously about how much budget you want to release for the Snapchat campaign. It is recommended to first find the right strategy through (A / B) testing and when you are satisfied with the result you can always increase the budget later. Read more about the budget determination by visiting this link How to Determine Your Advertising Budget for 2021 (ENG | NL) (thenextad.com).
We can help you!
The Next Ad is a digital advertisement which is specialised in Snapchat. If you want to learn more about what other things we do and how we can help you grow your business, just contact us!