The Next Steps for Ads on Instagram
We got a lot of questions about the progress of advertising on Instagram. What about the API for Ads on Instagram and which advertisers are able to use the Ads on Instagram? This powerful mobile platform offers many advertisers a lot of opportunities. Below, you will find the progress of Ads on Instagram in the future.
To offer an advertising experience that feels native to the platform for an advertiser and their audience, Instagram has been focusing on these 3 points:
- Expanding ad offerings to include action-oriented formats
- Enabling more targeting capabilities, such as Facebook
- Making it easier for businesses, both small and large, to buy ads on Instagram
More relevance for advertiser and people
People want to connect with businesses of all sizes on Instagram, from their favorite local clothing stores and restaurants to the largest brands in the world. Instagram is working to make Instagram advertising available through an Instagram Ads API to give all businesses the opportunity to reach the right people.
First, Instagram will start by opening the Instagram Ads API to a select group of Facebook Marketing Partners and agencies, and they plan to expand globally throughout the year. Instagram want to leverage the best of Facebook’s infrastructure for buying, managing and measuring the success of ads on Instagram. The Facebook business market is big, there are more than two million advertisers who actively use Facebook to market their business.
Plans for later this year:
- Instagram will connect businesses to the right people through expanded targeting options. Working with Facebook, Instagram will enable advertisers to reach people on Instagram based on demographics and interests, as well as information businesses have about their own customers.
- They will also improve the feedback mechanisms within Instagram to give people greater control and improve the relevance of the ads they see.
If you’ve any questions, feel free to contact us or leave a comment.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up to date via our monthly newsletter.