The Next Ad is a software (SAAS) company, with a leading position in the market: we offer a unique combination of the best service and state-of-the-art technology to enable our clients such as Heineken, Take Away and Kinepolis to deploy marketing budgets in a strategic way to achieve the best ROI.
We are looking for you to join our team as a:
You will be working in our international development team which consists of 9 direct colleagues. Two of which are working remotely abroad. With them, you are partly responsible for converting design and feature requirements to a technically well-functioning web application to the satisfaction of our users. The front-end developer provides the connection between the design and the software that is required. He/She is co-responsible that the front-end works well with the back-end. Working on our own tech, we aim to be innovative and improve our tech in every way we can.
What are your tasks?
- Designs, programs, tests and implements the front-end part of our complex web application.
- Is co-responsible for solving issues relating to user-friendliness and accessibility (UX).
- Is co-responsible that the front-end part of our product cooperates well with the back-end, according to the standards set by The Next Ad.
- Is co-responsible for the execution and giving support in the design and development process of our web application to and for our customers.
- Partly responsible a fluently running work process, during design and development, and identifies points for improvement during this construction.
- Gives solicited and unrequested input during the course of the construction to colleagues and manager and ensures the correct necessary communication about the execution thereof.
- Supports all his / her colleagues, if required and unsolicited, where necessary.
- Partly responsible for smooth cooperation between colleagues from other departments and their own department.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of development.
Who are you?
- You are customer-friendly, proactive team player and you communicate well;
- You are an analytical thinker, problem solver and possess a process-based insight.
- You have the will to further develop in front end development, but you also have an interest to develop your back end skills.
- You have a strong understanding of modern CSS and HTML standards
- You have a good understanding of graphic design, Redux and React
- You are proficient at working with JSON objects
- You have experience working with NPM to build projects, SASS/LESS compilers
- Understanding of RESTful web services and interacting with APIs is highly recommendable
- You have knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as Oauth2 with JSON Web Tokens;
- Knowledge of of Rxjs and Ramda is a big plus;
- And you need at least some experience with either TypeScript or Flow.
What is your background?
- At least 3 years of experience as a Front End Developer.
- You have an HBO/WO work- and/or thinking level obtained by education or experience, it this is gained within IT that is a strong preference.
- You can speak and write the English language fluently. Every other language that you master is very welcome.
- Living in the Netherlands, in or around Amsterdam.
- Have a working permit.
What do we offer
- Innovative technologies and our own tech to work with;
- An environment in which we want to improve our tech every day;
- Room to improve your personal skills in order to grow in your career;
Monthly breakfast as the start of the new month;
- Every Monday, the in-house bar turns into a juice-bar with healthy detox juices to recover from the weekend;
- A super nice working atmosphere with lots of drinks, dinners & parties;
- Knowledge is power, so we like to share it with each other on a regular basis;
- An informal and easily accessible working atmosphere;
- …and, of course, a good package of terms and conditions of employment.
Do you want to take on the challenge? Then we would like to receive your motivation letter and CV in our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a question about The Next Ad, the position, our parties or our coffee? Anne or Judith is happy to answer it!