The Next Ad is a software (SAAS) company, with a leading position in the market: we offer a unique combination of the best service and state-of-the-art technology to enable our clients such as Heineken, Take Away and Kinepolis to deploy marketing budgets in a strategic way to achieve the best ROI.
We are looking for you to join our team as a:
You will be working in our international development team which consists of 9 direct colleagues. Two of which are working remotely abroad. With them, you are responsible for converting a design from our complex web application to a technically well-functioning to the satisfaction of our customers. Working on our own tech, we aim to be innovative and improve our tech in every way we can.
What are your tasks?
- Designs, codes, tests and implements the back-end part of our complex web application.
- Is able to translate the functional wishes of the requirements to clear technical solutions.
- Is co-responsible for carrying out and supporting design and development of a website at and to customers.
- Is co-responsible that any consumer of our API cooperates well with the back-end, databases and servers according to the standards set by TNA / MI.
- Partly responsible for a fluently running work process during the design and development process, and identifies points for improvement during this construction.
- Follows and applies the SOLID principles during daily work.
- Gives solicited and unrequested input during the course of the design and development process to colleagues and manager and ensures the correct necessary communication about the execution thereof.
- Is able to retrieve all necessary information from stakeholders and colleagues for the benefit of the application design.
- Supports all his / her colleagues, if required and unsolicited, where necessary.
- Partly responsible for smooth cooperation between colleagues from other departments and their own department.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of development.
Who are you?
- You are customer friendly, proactive team player and you communicate well;
- You are an analytical thinker, problem solver and possess a process based insight.
- You have the will to further develop in back end development, but you also have an interest to develop your front end skills.
- You must have demonstrable knowledge of PHP, MySQL and REST.
- You have knowledge of the 5 principles of SOLID, and know how to apply them.
What is your background?
- At least 3 years of experience as a Back End Developer.
- You have an HBO/WO work- and/or thinking level obtained by education or experience, it this is gained within IT that is a strong preference.
- You can speak and write the English language fluently. Every other language that you master is very welcome.
- Living in the Netherlands, in or around Amsterdam.
- You already have a working permit
What do we offer?
- Innovative technologies and our own tech to work with;
- An environment in which we want to improve our tech every day;
- Room to improve your personal skills in order to grow in your career;
Monthly breakfast as the start of the new month;
- Monthly, the in-house bar turns into a juice-bar with healthy detox juices to recover from the weekend;
- A super nice working atmosphere with lots of drinks, dinners & parties;
- Knowledge is power, so we like to share it with each other on a regular basis;
- An informal and easily accessible working atmosphere;
- …and, of course, a good package of terms and conditions of employment.
Do you want to take on the challenge? Then we would like to receive your motivation letter and CV in our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a question about The Next Ad, the position, our parties or our coffee? Anne or Judith is happy to answer it!