Tips to get the most out of your Dynamic Ads during the Holidays of 2016
Next month – December – will be the month of the holidays. During this crucial time of year for retail and e-commerce it’s all about timing, bidding and budgets for increased volume and conversions.
During the holiday season, advertisers will see large increases in conversion rate and basket sizes and may see much more rapid changes in performance/scale than other times of the year. Here you will find some final tips to look out for and to help you succeed with your dynamic ad campaigns during this time of year.
First of all, we’ve listed some year-round best practices that serve as a checklist for your dynamic ad campaign strategy:
- Mobile is where customers are
- Optimize for conversions at your true value
- Audit pixel and app events
Increase budgets to account for increased volume
- If you’ve daily/weekly budgets, continue to make the case for increased holiday spend.
- If you’re typically constrained on bid (low budget utilization), you may still need to raise budgets to ensure you will not max out while pursuing high volume customers. With a 2X average increase, a budget at 5X the non-holiday daily spend should be safe.
Bid the holiday value – many advertisers will see large increases in conversion rate and basket sizes
- Optimize for conversions (previously known as oCPM).
- If optimizing for conversions, some advertisers will see increased basket sizes during the holidays—consider increasing bids to account for the higher value of a conversion.
- If optimizing for clicks, the true value of a click will change during the holiday season. You should account for increased conversion rates and basket sizes when choosing your bids.
Consider holiday timing – advertisers may see much more rapid changes in performance/scale than other times of the year
- Black Friday and Cyber Monday are a top shopping time, but the weekend between them is this as well. Budgets and bids should be set higher than average to compete on these days.
- You should be wary of your final shipping days—eComm purchases slow down before Christmas day. Schedule your spend before performance slows down.
- Some advertisers see a final spike on Dec 25th and 26th as consumers consider returns or spend gift cards. You may want to increase bids or budget on these days.
Get ready for the Holidays of 2016!
Start a (free) The Next Ad trial and get the best out of your dynamic ad campaigns during this crucial time of year! Auto optimise your campaigns based on a fixed conversion price or optimise based on the best performance with our optimisation algorithm.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up to date via our monthly newsletter.