Overview of 5 audience targeting options for Facebook advertising
Choosing a relevant audience for your business is important, because your ad will only be shown to people who match the criteria you select. A range of audience targeting options. You can choose one or a combination of these options to suit your business’s needs:
1. Custom Audiences
Will let you find your offline audience among people who use Facebook. Custom Audience can be used with other targeting options. You can use email addresses, Facebook IDs, mobile phone numbers, Device IDs as identifiers to create a custom audience.
2. Website Custom Audiences
This audience is based on the people who visit your website. You can include and exclude specific behavior or visits on your site to create the most optimal group for retargeting.
3. Look a Like Audiences
Based on your custom audiences Facebook can start looking for people with similar behavior or interests. This is a very interesting group depending on the quality of your custom audience to reach out to new customers you haven’t been in touch with before.
4. Open Targeting
With open targeting you can set a multitude of different options based on what Facebook knows about their users:
- Demographic: age and gender, select a minimum and maximum age of the people in your targeting group and select a gender or choose “All’ if you want to target either men or women.
- Interests: based on the interests of the audience. This can be include apps they used, interests shared on Timelines, Pages they liked and other activities on and off of Facebook.
- Behaviors: based on digital activities, which devices, travel and purchases.
- Education: based on education levels, specific schools, fields of study or specific graduation years.
- Location: the name of a country or countries, states, provinces, cities and zip codes or post codes to show the ad in those locations. You can use any of the choices in any combination.
- Connections: control whether your ad is shown to people who already have a connection with you on Facebook. It can be who have liked your Page or who have used your app. You can use connections targeting to show your ad to anyone, only people who have a connection with you, people who don’t have a connection with you, both of those groups, or friends of people who have a connection to you. (When you choose to target friends of connections, your ad will be shown to people whose friends are connected to your Page, app or event).
5. Remote Audiences
Besides the normal Facebook audience options, The Next Ad offers a special audience which is directly or indirectly connected to your own CRM databases. With set criteria TNA can automatically fetch the right people from your CRM and create a dynamic custom audience from it. This means that your custom audiences will always be up to date increasing your relevancy and results in your campaigns.
A new targeting segment in the “Behaviors” section allows you to target Frequent Internation Travelers. More information about International Travelers
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up to date via our monthly newsletter.